Branding Your Business What is a brand? In its most narrow definition, a brand is a name, symbol, or design that is used to identify and differentiate goods and services. In a broader sense, your brand is a lot more than just the type of products or services you sell. According to Frank Delano, author of The Omni Powerful Brand, a brand is represented by the salesperson explaining the product to the buyer; the guarantee or warranty behind the product; the service support; the praise behind the brand; and even the contractual handshake. Your brand represents both the tangible and intangible value perceived by your customers.
A well-conceived brand has a distinct personality, forms a lasting impression, and makes an emotional connection with the customer and https://probusinessplanwriter.tumblr.com/post/631711513579749376/google-makes-shopping-ads-free-worldwide resources like this can help you create that distinct personality. For customers, your brand identifies products and services and are generally associated with a level of quality and reliability, thereby lessening the risk of purchasing decisions. This saves the consumer time and emotional energy during their evaluation process. Developing Your Brand Strategy Developing a brand strategy is a critical part of establishing your company’s identity. Your brand identity must be communicated consistently across different media over the life of your business. Your brand message should resonate with your target market and mirror their customs and values. The steps involved in brand strategy development are:
• defining your brand
- creating a brand statement
- setting objectives
- establishing an action plan to carry out those objectives. Here are some tips to control the cost of media spending and to take the frenzy out of the buying experience. 1. Plan your media advertising well in advance.
- Keep records of response rates.
- Negotiate the best deal possible and ask about frequency discounts.
- Find out if rates fluctuate seasonally.
- Negotiate for ad placement in magazines and newspapers.
- Specify dayparts for radio advertising.
Choose specific local and cable programs that appeal to your target audience. Media Type: Pros and Cons Always evaluate your media buys to determine its effectiveness. Was your objective met? Did you reach your sales goals? Did you receive the projected number of vehicle and service inquires? If you were unhappy with your advertising campaign, do your best to objectively find out how you can improve on the next go-around. Was it you’re creative that fell short, your offer, or perhaps you chose the wrong media vehicle? If you were successful, roll that success into the next advertising campaign. Qualities of Great Brand Advertising: 1. Keep a brand focus: your ad must sell the brand as well as the product or service.
- Your ad should capture the brand’s most compelling story.
- Use your brand theme line in all media seen by the public.
- Demonstrate how your service is superior.
- Make your ad believable. Summary Make it a point to establish an emotional connection to your customers and prospects. To keep your salon in the hearts and minds of customers they need to see you as the only solution to their skincare concerns. Find out who your customer is and create a space that caters to their every need. Although it’s highly unlikely that you’ll ever become a household name in your province or state, it is very possible for you to obtain notoriety in your city. Sure your customers can go to other dealerships and receive quality service, by why would they want to when they have you right in their own back yard? And remember, your brand is more than an image, it’s a statement about your credibility, values, and expertise. Develop a strategy consistent with the personality and characteristics of the brand. Establish trust and brand recognition by using every piece of marketing communications to reinforce your brand message and watch your customer base and profits soar.